Sunday, August 29, 2010

To sleep, perchance to...

Sometimes, I literally have dreams that I'm in a different city (usually NYC) and I come across B&J flavors that not only hadn't I tried, but that I didn't even know existed.
This isn't necessarily an unfounded premise. I can count about 5-8 of the many flavors I've tried that were NOT part of a new year's batch, whose existence seemed a little kismet-ish. This is why I still visit the ice cream section of stores I go to. You never know.

Last night, when I visited WholeFoods, I saw a new flavor called "Snickerdoodle Cookie", which I thought was only available in scoop shops. Tonight, I learnt that Walmart carries a Walmart-only Limited Batch flavor called "Flourless Chocolate Cake". I think I've been to Walmart maybe 3x in my life; the last time was to get quick items that I was giving away to a homeless shelter. I suppose I'll have to visit one; there's one maybe 5 miles from my house, but NOT on my commute. Alas...

3 comments:

  1. A Walmart visit is an awfully high price to pay for ice cream...you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have only been to Walmart 3 times in your life?!?! Ive been to Walmart WAY more than 3x and Im 13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's true, Anna. There aren't many close to where I live.

    ReplyDelete